All about car wax
Car wax provides your vehicle's exterior with a vital protective layer, but if you're shopping around for auto wax, chances are you've already encountered a confusing and near-endless array of products. Choosing the best car wax is dependent upon many factors, including the age of your vehicle, the condition of its paint, and whether or not your vehicle has a clear coat layer. While it's always best to seek the advice of an auto care professional if you need help selecting a car wax, there are a few basics to keep in mind as you shop which will help guide you to the right products.
Optimum Car Care, 45+ Products. Low Prices, No Hassle Guarantee!
We Are Car Care! 150 Brands of Car Care Products. Excellent How-to-dos
All About Car Wax: Factors to Consider
Here are some of the factors you'll need to consider when shopping for new car wax:
- Synthetic or natural: While auto wax has traditionally been made with synthetic chemicals, natural-based products are making a comeback. If you have a car that's dark in color, avoid waxes that contain abrasive chemicals.
- Paste or liquid: Hand-applied paste wax tends to be the favorite of purists, while liquid auto wax can be machine-applied, saving you time and effort.
- Neutral or colored: You can get neutral car wax, which can be used on vehicles of any color, or colored wax which will fill in and smooth over scratches and dings. However, if you're going to go with colored car wax, be sure to match the wax with your paint perfectly.
How to Wax a Car
While you should always follow the directions provided with your car wax closely, here are some general tips to follow when waxing a car:
- Only wax a clean car; wash and dry it immediately before waxing.
- Use a specially designed waxing sponge to apply the wax. The sponge should be damp when you dip it into the wax bottle.
- Apply the wax to the surface of the vehicle in small circular motions.
- Work your way over the surface of the vehicle.
- Use a cloth diaper, clean chamois or clean cheesecloth to wipe away the wax. By the time you've made your way over the entire vehicle, the wax should be ready to wipe off. Work your way over the vehicle in the same order in which you applied the wax.
|Write A Comment|