Dish Detergent Brands
Find the best dish detergents
Dishwashers have become an invaluable part of everyday life, but to really maximize their convenience and cleaning power, you have to choose the best dish detergent for your needs. With dozens upon dozens of dish detergent brands on the market, that's not always easy to do. If you're on a tight budget and want to save money, generic and in-store dish detergent brands generally do a decent job, but if you prefer the security of sticking with brand-name products, your hunt for the best dish soap should start with some careful consumer research.
The Cleaning Products You Can Feel Good About Using. See More Now!
Extreme Power Crystals™ Tackle the Toughest Stuck-On Food and Stains!
A Comparison of the Best Dish Detergents
To kick-start your research, here's an overview of what you can expect from the five best-selling dish detergent brands:
- Dawn. One of the top-selling brands in the United States, Dawn dish detergent is available in numerous varieties, including a Power Clean formulation for tough stains and dish soaps with added moisturizers to protect your skin. However, most of the company's products are oriented towards hand-washing dishes rather than dishwasher detergents.
- Joy. Like Dawn, Joy dish detergents are primarily intended for hand-washing dishes. It provides effective cleaning power for a modest price, though, so if you're looking for a budget option for hand-washing dishes to complement your dishwasher detergents and liquids, Dawn is an affordable option.
- Cascade. With economical powder detergents as well as fast-acting, deep-cleaning tabs and gel packs, Cascade dish detergent is one of the best options for dishwashers. The company's Pure Rinse formula is a top-selling brand for good reason, and it provides a pleasant citrus scent to boot.
- Electrasol. Like Cascade, Electrasol makes both powder and gel detergents for dishwashers. The company's powder dish detergent is comparable to Cascade, and is equally effective for a similar price. However, the company's 3-in-1 Jet-Dry Powerballs are among the top-performing and best-reviewed dish detergent brands on the market.
- Palmolive. Palmolive has carved out a niche for providing dish detergents that are gentle on hands. However, the company has branched out in recent years, adding gel detergents with the added power of baking soda and Triple Action Tabs that are both convenient and affordable.
Also, keep in mind that you can extend the life of your dishwasher by using recommended detergent types. Some washing machines, especially older ones, don't deal with tabs as well and operate better with traditional powder. Consult your washing machine owner's manual for specifics.
Recommended Dish Detergent Brands
- Best dish detergent powder: Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Pure Rinse
- Best dish detergent tabs: Electrasol 3-in-1 Jet-Dry Powerballs
|Write A Comment|